This 2-day First Aid at Work course is designed for those who currently hold a First Aid at Work qualification and are due to expire.
- Please consider the following rules for attendance:
- A First Aider can renew their First Aid at Work qualification by attending a 2-day requalification course without question, if it’s within 1 month past the expiry date
- If the First Aider has lapsed by more than 1 month, but no longer than 3 months, then the First Aider can requalify by attending a 2-day course providing ‘Special considerations’ have been applied
Special considerations are:
- A signed letter from the employer to the provider of the training stating the reasons why in their opinion, the First Aider is suitably experienced to attend a 2-day course and does not require a full 3-day FAW course
- A decision is made by the provider of the training after discussions with the employer, or the First Aider, and deciding that their previous experience is sufficient to attend a 2-day course
- If the First Aider has lapsed beyond 3 months then they must attend a full 3-day First Aid at Work course
The important thing to remember is that as soon as the certificate expires, the First Aider is no longer considered competent to act as a First Aider in the workplace which may well leave the employer with a shortfall of First Aiders. Therefore, it would be prudent to arrange their First Aid at Work Requalification before they expire.
A range of subjects are covered including:
- Legalities, responsibilities and reporting
- Heart attacks
- Dealing with an unresponsive casualty
- Eye injuries
- Fractures and spinal injuries
- Control of bleeding
- Chest injuries
- Assessment of the situation
- Shock (including Anaphylaxis)
- Head injuries
- Sprains and strains
Please read and ensure that you agree with the terms and conditions before booking.